New ViaLite SNMP Provides Faster Management of RF over Fiber Systems
ViaLite has launched its new, faster SNMP module and software at IBC in Amsterdam. The ‘Horizons’ SNMP allows for network management of ViaLite RF over fiber systems.
The new software is more intuitive, easier to use, has a modern look and feel, and is no longer reliant on Java. It has also been designed for use with existing ViaLiteHD SNMP modules, as a standalone program, which will delight customers.
The new module itself has many new features. It allows users to set their own alarm priorities so they can decide what is reported within their network management system. Users can also choose which alarms trigger 1:1 redundancy switching and a maintenance mode has been added enabling users to disguise a module that is being worked on so alarms are not triggered.
Further SNMP enhancements include:
- Easier to use, intuitive GUI
- Support for dual optical Ethernet configurations allowing daisy chaining or star network configurations
- Capable of managing very long distance links using Ethernet over CWDM/DWDM
- 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Faster I²C polling cycle
- Quicker responses to SNMP
- Faster web GUI
- Standard micro-USB setup port
- Simpler software update procedure that doesn’t require an FTP server.