Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFA)
The ViaLiteHD Eribium Doped Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) is available in either a single channel or multi-channel format depending on where it is utilized in the system.
The EDFA has low noise figures and variable gain ensuring the optimization of link noise figure and performance. They are available as part of a Ka-Band diversity antenna system; long distance system (up to 600 km) or as a stand-alone product.
For complex RF over fiber systems incorporating DWDM products, the ViaLite System Designer tool can be used.
- Low noise figure
- SNMP and RS232 control
- Fixed gain, auto power control, auto gain control software selectable
- Low switching time
- 8 dB, 18 dB, 20 dB, 23 dB, 24 dB, 33 dB or 36 dB gain (other gain variants available)
- Single channel or multiple channel
- Ka-Band diversity rain fade application
- Fixed satcom earth stations and teleports
- Gateway reduction within a satellite footprint
- Government installations
- Remote monitoring station
- Remote oil and gas locations
- Remote wind farm locations
|Frequency range||Not Frequency Dependent|
|Gain adjustment range||Fixed|
|Input level||-0 - +14 dBm|
|Saturation O/P Power||+23 dB (typ)|
|Noise Figure (at default gain)||5 dB (typ)|
|Input power||90-265 VAC|
|Operating temperature range||-20 °C to +65 °C|
|Storage temperature range||-40 °C to +80 °C|
|Humidity||5% non-condensing humidity|
EDFA Datasheet (version DS-1)
EDFA User Manual (version DS-1)
Please visit our Software downloads page for the latest MIB file (used for controlling and monitoring the product, via SNMP, over Ethernet).