SNMP Monitoring & Control
The ViaLite Horizons SNMP Controller (HRC-3) can be used to fully monitor and control ViaLiteHD RF over fiber systems. Horizons allows for inter-facility control and can be multiplexed using CWDM, or used over extreme distances with DWDM. It can also be used with optical fiber to extend existing Ethernet networks from point-to-point (e.g. from a control room to the antenna in a satellite earth station) and optionally from point-to-multipoint.
ViaLite‘s Horizons SNMP Software can be used with existing ViaLite SNMP cards.
- Full remote management with integrated web GUI or SNMP MIB
- MIB can be integrated with all major satcom NMS systems
- 10/100/1000 Mbps switch, 3 ports including 2 optional optical or Ethernet ports
- Support for dual optical Ethernet configurations allowing daisy chaining or star network configurations
- Micro-USB control port
- Not Java dependent
- Maintenance mode allowing modifications to be carried out offline
- Real time monitoring of card performance & redundancy switching
The new Embedded Site Controller is also available for monitoring and control of outdoor enclosures.
“The SNMP card is designed to make tracking the performance of ViaLiteHD equipment straightforward and is an invaluable diagnostic and troubleshooting tool.”
Features & benefits continued
- The HRC-3 is a direct plugin replacement for the HRC-1
- New RF cards can be automatically reprogramed with the previous card parameters
- Alarm monitoring & event logging
- Capable of managing very long distance links using Ethernet over CWDM/DWDM
- Compatible with all ViaLiteHD rack chassis, chassis cards & the Satcom6 enclosure
- Easy integration with network management systems (NMS) using management information base (MIB) tables
- Simpler software update procedure that doesn’t require an FTP server
- Standard micro-USB setup port
- 5-year warranty as standard
ViaLite Horizons GUI
Horizons is standalone software that operates on legacy SNMP product and comes built into the new SNMP Controller card.
The GUI offers a representation of ViaLiteHD modules in a connected rack chassis (3U or 1U) or the Satcom6 enclosure. It displays the operational status of the modules and power supplies, along with the voltage and temperature of the SNMP card. The built-in interface can be accessed from any standard web browser using the IP address of the SNMP network monitoring card.
The SNMP Controller allows any user to quickly setup local and remote ViaLiteHD equipment by accessing the front panel LAN port on the card. Under normal operational conditions, the card can be permanently connected to the user’s network and the health of the ViaLiteHD system can be monitored at any time.
Management information base (MIB) tables
The open architecture of the SNMP Controller’s MIB allows management of the alarm information using any SNMP-compatible third party network management system (NMS), when connected via the local area network (LAN). The MIB is common to all ViaLiteHD SNMP products.
Summary Alarm Monitoring cards for in-rack alarms
In addition to the SNMP card which can be used for alarm monitoring via a GUI, ViaLite‘s Summary Alarm Monitoring cards can be used within rack chassis to monitor the rest of the fitted equipment. These cards are able to report alarms by front panel visual indicators, audio alarms and by the status of the card’s on-board relays – which can be used to trigger the customer’s alarm monitoring equipment.
On start-up, the Summary Alarm Monitoring card analyzes the active, populated slots within the chassis to allow for the empty slots to be ignored.
The cards monitor all chassis alarm outputs, or DIP switches are available for manual alarm screening if preferred.
ViaLite‘s Embedded Site Controller option is available for the ODE-A4 range of outdoor enclosures and the ODE-MINI; ViaLite‘s smallest enclosures. It allows monitoring and control of the RF over fiber links inside.
- Ability to integrate enclosures into Network Management Systems (NMS)
- Gain Control allows for optimization of RF signals in the field
- Set minor, major and trigger-point alarms
- Maintenance Mode – allows for the masking of alarms
- Modern and easy-to-use, intuitive design based on the Horizons HRC-3 Controller software.
- Event history log
- System reports. – Store system configurations and operations, and share or use these for remote diagnosis
- Software upgradable; benefit from post-delivery updates.
A large amount of carrier-grade features in a very small space!
You may be interested in the following Guides relating to ViaLite‘s Horizons SNMP.
|HRC-3 Controller card with Ethernet switch|
|Format||Plug in module compatible with ViaLiteHD chassis, 7HP slot|
|Indicators||Front Panel LED "Power (RED/GREEN)"|
|Front Panel LED "Rear RJ45 LINK (GREEN)"|
|Front Panel LED "Rear Fibre LINK (GREEN)"|
|RJ45 LED each with ACTIVITY (AMBER) and LINK (GREEN)|
|Electrical signal/power connector||Plug-in module, user accessible via 19" Chassis backplane|
|Module operating voltage||+12V ± 0.5V|
|Module operating power||4W Typical|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to +60 °C e|
|Storage temperature||-40 °C to +70 °C|
|Ambient relative humidity||10% to 95% (Non Condensing)|
|RJ45 port||Up to 3 x 10/100/1000 MB/s (auto negotiating)|
|Network standards||10/100/1000 BASE-TX|
|Fiber port (SFP) Optional||Up to 2 x 1000 MB/s or 100 MB/s (LC)|
|Fiber SFP Optional||Single-mode 9/125, Corning SMF28 or equivalent|
|Optical connector||LC/PC or FC/APC or E2000/APC or SC/APC or LC/APC|
|Optical power budget||>10 dB (Typical fiber losses: Fibre: 0.4 dB/km; Connectors: 0.5 dB max.)|
|Serial Connector type||Micro-USB|
|Interface cable||Standard micro-USB cable|
|Serial data type||USB to RS232 Converter, 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control|
|SNMP agent||Supports SNMP version 1 and version 2C|
|MIB||ViaLite proprietary MIB, RFC1213 compliant, supports MIB-II system" group|
|Horizons SNMP Desktop App||Horizons SNMP application for Windows|
|HTTP Web Interface||Standard HTTP|
e Datasheet parameters based on temperature range -10 °C to +50 °C, refer to user manual for performance parameters at -20 °C to +60 °C.
Please refer to the HRC-1 SNMP datasheet for the original HRC-1 SNMP Technical Specification.
Horizons Controller (HRC-3 SNMP and Control Card) Datasheet (version HRC-3-DS-3)
Horizons SNMP and Embedded Site Controller User Manual (version HRC-3-HB-4)
ViaLiteHD Summary Alarm Card User Manual (version HRC-2-HB-5)
SNMP Programing Kit (version HRx-HD-DEV103-DS-1)
Please visit the Software page for the latest software files.