The Benefits of Blind Mate
Adding blind mate to RF over fiber links allows for simple and fast “hot-swapping” of links and minimizes downtime.
The benefits of blind mate include:
- The hot-swapping of a card can be carried out in seconds;
- dramatically reducing downtime
- providing five nines (99.999%) reliability
- There is no risk of disturbing other on-air connections when adding, removing or changing services
- Simple plug and play to add services
- The re-configuration of a rack chassis can be carried out quickly
- Changing transmit/receive directions can be completed in minutes
- Non-skilled personnel can add and replace cards with ease
- With SNMP Monitor and Control, new cards can be automatically or remotely configured (there is no need for an Engineer).
Blind mate is available on all rack chassis ViaLiteHD products. All standard ViaLiteHD features – such as LNB and GPS powering – are still available.
The blind mate feature is available in both single and dual chassis cards, in either 50Ω SMA or 75Ω BNC (electrical) and uses LC/APC optical connectors.