GPS Resilient Kit
The GPS Resilient Kit is a cybersecurity device that comes with two antennas for monitoring and protecting time-critical infrastructures. It can be integrated with the ViaLite GPS RF over fiber link and any GNSS receiver, either as a retrofit or in greenfield deployments.
Using the OtoSphere™ Protection Module at its core, the GPS Resilient Kit protects systems against GNSS threats. When a jamming attack occurs, the kit will ensure the user’s GNSS Receiver continues to be locked to L1 and pass through most other frequencies (Beidou option available).
- Proprietary Interference Filtering Algorithm for maximum protection
- Minimal power consumption
- Based on proven OtoSphere technology
- Cloud-based monitoring with real-time reporting of jamming attacks
- Economic, compact solution
- Latency: 100 ns ± 15 ns (fixed)
- Protected signal: 1575.42 MHz (GPS L1 C/A code)
- Pass-through signals: L5, Galileo E1B/C, GLONASS G1, Beidou B1 & B2, QZSS L1C, E5A.
How it works
The vulnerability of GNSS is well known. Orbiting at 20,000 km, the GNSS satellites emit a signal which is incredibly weak when received by GNSS receivers (125 dBm). To jam or spoof this signal all that is needed is to overpower it. This can be done with a simple jammer bought online to completely block the signal, or with a slightly more sophisticated device which can trick the receiver with erroneous data.
At the heart of the GPS Resilient Kit is the OtoSphere Protection Module. OtoSphere’s unique interference filtering algorithm combines the patterns from two omni-directional antennas. It analyzes where the interference is coming from and feeds it into its algorithm, enabling it to filter out the jamming / spoofing signals. It then directs a null towards the unwanted signal to reject disruptions. The GPS receiver will continue working during the attack.
OtoSphere makes the GPS receiver 50 times more resilient to a jamming attack compared to no protection.
- Cyber security