ViaLite VSAT Package
Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) are in widespread use today where space is often limited. In dense urban cities, VSAT connection packages become a necessity, often connecting antenna on tall buildings to lower level floors and basements.
The ViaLite VSAT Package is a turnkey RF over fiber system tailored for smaller spaces and VSAT applications. It incorporates an ODE-A4 VSAT outdoor enclosure (to convert the RF signals near the dish) and a slim-line 1U indoor unit (to convert the optical signals back into RF closer to the modem).
- A complete package, designed to use minimal space, for VSAT applications
- The ODE-A4 VSAT outdoor enclosure houses up to 4 RF over fiber channels and LNB powering
- The indoor 1U Rack Chassis handles up to 4 channels, with options including: dual redundant power supplies, alarms and SNMP M&C
- Suitable for all weathers, with optional heaters and solar shields
- 5-year warranty as standard.
With L-Band links, the ODE-A4 VSAT is a cost-effective solution for connecting VSAT terminals remotely over fiber. The enclosure is typically used by Satcom, Telemetry and Government/Defense markets where the VSAT antenna is positioned over 300 ft away from the terminal.
ODE-A4 VSAT features
- Houses up and down L-Band Links
- Additional 10 MHz Reference module and diplexing option available, along with 4 external L-Band RF connections
- LNB and BUC power options
- Available as a Satellite IF 70-140 MHz link setup
- Weatherproof 50 Ohm N-Type RF connectors
- Optional weatherproof 75 Ohm F-Type connectors
- MTP or Quad weatherproof fiber connector for plug and play installation
- External weatherproof power connector
- Lightning protection options
1U Chassis features
- A 1U Chassis accepts up to 3 RF or Support cards or 2 cards and an SNMP card (with dual power supplies)
- Blind mate option
- All modules hot-swappable
- System can be monitored and controlled remotely via SNMP, using a web browser
SNMP Monitoring and Control
When a ViaLiteHD chassis is configured with a SNMP card (optional), the user can fully monitor and control the cards. Please see SNMP Monitoring and Control for more information.