L-Band HTS 700-2450 MHz
The ViaLite L-Band HTS link (700-2450 MHz) covers distances of 1m to 50 km and is the most commonly used RF over fiber link in Satellite Communications. A Long Distance Link DWDM system up to 600 km is also available.
- Transmission distances of up to 10 km (1310 nm) and up to 50 km (1550 nm)
- Ideal for 500, 800 and full 1500 MHz bandwidths used in High Throughput Satellites (HTS)
- Designed for Satcom – RF and fiber connections on the rear
- 13/18 V and 22 KHz tone LNB control
- True Plug and Play
- 50 and 75 ohm
- Superior linearity and low noise
- SNMP or web GUI interface for easy set-up, remote monitoring or control
- 5-year warranty as standard
For hyper-wide dynamic range, please see L-Band HTS 700-2450 MHz – HWDR.
Get a Quote
Plug and Play
The links can be either plug-in or blind mate and are completely plug and play, enabling simple installation.
The rack chassis cards can be positioned in any slot of a ViaLite 19” rack and can be mixed with 70-140 MHz, 10 MHz and in Tx and Rx configurations.
Ultra-wide dynamic range
One of the link’s key features is the ultra-wide dynamic range. This allows wider bandwidths to be transmitted. For example, 500 to 800 MHz signals typically used in High Throughput Satellites (HTS). Demand for increased capacity in satellite communication continues to drive the industry to use HTS at these higher frequencies.
RF and Digital
As with all the links, it is possible to have a 20 kb/s serial digital channel multiplexed in with the RF signal. This allows for control of other equipment such as antenna controllers, BUCs or converters.
The ViaLiteHD L-Band HTS link is typically used to connect antennas to:
- Groundstation control rooms
- Broadcasters in the field
- Broadcast headends
- Network operation centers
- Troops in theatre.
The L-Band HTS RF over fiber link is available in several formats:
– Single rack chassis card / Dual rack chassis card (Rx/Rx, Tx/Tx or Tx/Rx)
A fully populated 19” 3U ViaLiteHD rack chassis supports up to 26 links and accepts 13 RF cards, plus an SNMP card and dual power supply modules. A 1U chassis accepts three RF cards or two RF cards with an SNMP card.
– Blue OEM Link
The ViaLite standalone Blue OEM Link offers a compact, single link solution.
– Blue2 Link
The Blue2 Link is a dual-solution OEM which can be setup as 2x transmitters, 2x receivers or a transceiver, as required.
– Yellow OEM Link
The Yellow OEM Link has been designed for system integrators and equipment manufacturers to build the link into their own designs.
- 50Ω electrical connectors: SMA, MCX (only available on modules)
- 75Ω electrical connectors: BNC, MCX (only available on modules), F-Type
- Optical connectors: SC/APC, FC/APC & E2000/APC as standard
- Flat polished PC connectors and dual isolated lasers are available on request
- 1310/1550nm and ITU CWDM wavelengths
- Test ports on Tx and Rx modules
- Blind mate connectivity (SC/APC and SMA/BNC)
- LNB control with 13/18VDC & 22kHz tone through RF connection
- Serial digital channel to 20kb/s on same optical path.
RF Performance Characteristics
|L-band HTS link (50Ω)||L-band HTS link (75Ω)|
|Impedance, RF connector||50Ω SMA, blind mate||75Ω BNC, blind mate|
|Link gain (Tx /Rx)||+9 (-11/+20)dB (nom) a h||+3 (-11/+14)dB (nom) a h|
|Flatness (full band)||±0.5dB (typ) a h||±0.6dB (typ) a h|
|Gain stability||0.25 @ 24hrs dB (typ)||0.25 @ 24hrs dB (typ)|
|P1dBinput||-1dBm (typ) a k||0dBm (typ) a k|
|IP3 input||11dBm (typ) a k||12dBm (typ) a k|
|Noise figure||20dB (typ) a k||21dB (typ) a k|
|SFDR||110dB/Hz ⅔ (typ) a||110dB/Hz ⅔ (typ) a|
|Maximum input power||15dBm (min)||15dBm (min)|
a nominal input power @ 0dB optical loss
h default gain setting
k measured @ 1.2GHz
Optical Performance Characteristics
|L-Band HTS link|
|Laser type||Distributed feedback (DFB) laser|
|Optical wavelength||1310nm ± 20nm (1550nm/CWDM options)|
|Optical power output||4.5 dBm (nominal)|
|L-Band HTS link|
|Operating temperature||-20degC to +50degC|
|Storage temperature||-40degC to +70degC|
L-Band HTS – 50 Ohm 0-10km (version HRx-L1_4)
L-Band HTS – 75 Ohm 0-10km (version HRx-L1_4)
L-Band HTS – 50 Ohm 50km (version HRx-L1_4)
L-Band HTS – 75 Ohm 50km (version HRx-L1_4)
L-Band HTS – 50 Ohm CWDM (version HRx-L1_4)
L-Band HTS – 75 Ohm CWDM (versionHRx-L1_4)
L-Band HTS – 50 Ohm DWDM Medium Power (version HRx-Lx-DCxx-DS-1)
L-Band HTS – 50 Ohm DWDM High Power (version HRx-Lx-ECxx-DS-2)
Blue OEM datasheet (version HRx-xx-xM-1)
Blue2 Link datasheet (version HRx-xx-xP-1)
Yellow OEM datasheet (version HRx-xx-xN-1)
ViaLiteHD RF Link Handbook (version HRx-HB-7)