Long Distance DWDM Link System
The ViaLiteHD Long Distance DWDM Link System (L-Band HTS 700-2450 MHz) is designed to connect distances up to 600 km apart.
- DWDM allowing 4-96 links per strand of fiber
- Ideal for 500 MHz and 800 MHz bandwidths used in High Throughput Satellites (HTS) – also full 700-2450 MHz capability
- End-to-end system design
- Full system testing over required distance prior to shipment
- Up to 600 km with amplification and optical dispersion compensation
- LNB/BUC power & on-module LNB switching options
- Extreme temperature operation
- True Plug and Play
- Complete range of DWDM complementary products available
- Ideal for Ka-Band diversity antennas – to combat rain fade
- DWDM 10 MHz Reference & SNMP/Ethernet available
- 5-year warranty as standard
Get a Quote
Ultra-wide dynamic range
One of the system’s key features is the ultra-wide dynamic range. This allows wider bandwidths to be transmitted including the entire 700-2450 MHz. For High Throughput Satellites (HTS), typical bandwidths are 500 and 800 MHz.
Due to the complexity of these systems, ViaLite offers system design and installation assistance. Please contact us for details.
Manned from a single control room
ViaLiteHD long distance links can also be controlled remotely using SNMP or Ethernet. This means multiple, unmanned teleport sites can be manned from a single control room, opening up new possibilities for teleport design.
DWDM – 96 links per fiber
The optional use of Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) allows up to 96 links to be sent along a single fiber. These can be setup for short interfacility links (IFLs), as well as over long distances. The DWDM massively reduces the fiber count, minimizing fiber leasing/operational costs. DWDM requires the use of multiplexers, amplifiers and dispersion compensation.
The L-Band HTS Long Distance link is available in a couple of formats:
– Single rack chassis card / Dual rack chassis card (Rx/RX, Tx/Tx or Rx/Tx)
A fully populated 19” 3U ViaLiteHD rack chassis supports up to 26 links and accepts 13 RF cards, plus an SNMP card and dual power supply modules. A 1U chassis accepts three RF cards or two RF cards with an SNMP card.
– Yellow OEM Link
The Yellow OEM Link has been designed for system integrators and equipment manufacturers to build the link into their own designs.
- 50Ω electrical connectors: SMA, MCX (only available on modules) or BNC
- 75Ω electrical connectors: BNC, MCX (only available on modules) or F-type
- Optical connectors: SC/APC or FC/APC
- Test ports on Tx & Rx modules
- LNB powering through RF connection
- Optional blind mate connectivity
- LNB control circuit with 13/18VDC & 22kHz tone.
RF Performance Characteristics
|L-Band HTS link (50Ω)||L-Band HTS link (75Ω)|
|Impedance, RF connector||50Ω SMA, blind mate||75Ω BNC, blind mate|
|Link gain (TX gain / RX gain)||+15 (-5 / +20) a h||+4 (-11 / +15) a h|
|Flatness (full band, 100km, no DCF)||±0.5dB (typ) a h||±0.6dB (typ) a h|
|Gain stability||0.25 @ 24hrs dB (typ)||0.25 @ 24hrs dB (typ)|
|P1dB input||+1.5dBm (typ) a k||0dBm (typ) a k|
|IP3 input||+13.5dBm (typ) a k h||+13.5dBm (typ) a k h|
|Noise figure (default gain)||14dB (typ) a h||23dB (typ) a h|
|SFDR||114dB/Hz ⅔ (typ) a||114dB/Hz ⅔ (typ) a|
|Max RF input power without damage||15dBm||15dBm|
a nominal input power @ 0dB optical loss
h default gain setting
k measured @ 1.2GHz
Optical Performance Characteristics
|L-Band HTS link|
|Laser type||High power distributed feedback (DFB) laser, thermo electric cooled|
|Optical wavelength||Full ITU, DWDM range of wavelengths are available
See manual for details
|Optical power output||10.8dBm (typ) - E laser
7dBm (typ) - D laser
|L-Band HTS link|
|Operating temperature||-20degC to +70degC|
|Storage temperature||-40degC to +85degC|