High Sensitivity Receiver (HSR)
The new High Sensitivity Receiver (HSR) has been designed for high loss environments with lots of splices/interconnects or low quality fiber infrastructure. It mitigates or reduces the need for EDFAs, even working with CWDM and long distance systems where EDFAs are not available.
With excellent Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR) and designed for optical losses between 22-32 dB, the HSR is a failsafe when the optical environment is not under the user’s control.
- Enabler for high loss optical paths
- L-Band HTS (700-2450 MHz)
- Flat response 1 dB peak-to-peak
- Wide wavelength response
- Standard 5 year warranty
The High Sensitivity Receiver (HSR) comes in ViaLiteHD chassis card format. It can be used in combination with Hyper Wide Dynamic Range (HWDR) cards for best performance in high optical loss situations.
- Supports link losses equivalent to 140 km
- Negates need for EDFA or optical Amp
- Excellent SFDR with low optical input
- 70 km, 1310 nm, 90 dB SFDR unity gain link
- CWDM (1270-1610) high optical loss links
- 140 km, 1550 nm, 90 dB high reliability SFDR link over dispersion shifted fiber
- Point to multipoint ‘high optical fan-out loss’ distribution
The link is available as a single rack chassis card. This can be used in a 3U or 1U rack chassis.
A fully populated 19” 3U rack chassis supports up to 26 links and accepts 13 RF cards, plus an SNMP card and dual power supply modules. A 1U chassis accepts three RF cards or two RF cards with an SNMP card.
|High Sensitivity Receiver|
|Frequency Range||700-2450 MHz|
|Impedance||50 Ω SMA RF connector|
|VSWR||January 1, 1970|
|Flatness||±0.5 dB Full band|
|Link Gain*||-5 dB -15dBm to -25 dBm optical input|
|Link SFDR*||93.9 dB/Hz2/3 @ -15 dBm optical input|
|91.9 dB/Hz2/3 @ -20 dBm optical input|
|88.0 dB/Hz2/3 @ -25 dBm optical input|
|Link Noise Figure*||40.0 dB @ -15 dBm optical input|
|43.0 dB @ -20 dBm optical input|
|49.0 dB @ -25 dBm optical input|
|Link IP3||7.0 dBm|
|Optical input range||-28 to -14 dBm|
*Performance when paired with HWDR S2 Card
High Sensitivity Receiver (HSR) Datasheet (HRx-xx-x-DS-1)